Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I feel like my NCO has crossed the line, Answers and tips please?!?!?

Ok heres what happened. I am a SPC in the Army. I'm stationed in Alaska. I was tasked for a duty on saturday. I haven't been here long and just recently bought a vehicle. I was having a lot of trouble finding this place and got lost. I called my supervisor (who is an E5) and told him I couldn't find the place and thought I was going to be late. Sure enough I ended up being 10 minutes late. My supervisor told me i was fine and I called so I wasn't in trouble. He understood I'm new to the area and was very understanding. After the detail my NCOIC (who is an E7) approached me. He told me to drop and with no questions asked I dropped and knew he was doing it because I was late. He was extremely mad. He was yelling so bad and smoked me for about 30 minutes. He was screaming the whole time telling me how I am a dirtbag. I was late so i manned up and understood this was just my corrective training. I have know problem accepting when I'm wrong and just did what I'm told, when I'm told, and how I'm told. He finally let me up. I told him I needed to pick my wife up because she had pneumonia. She had been in there a week and was ready to go home. The detail was over. My NCOIC told me I could not pick her up and had to report straight to batallion because I had to sleep there for a week. This just seemed so harsh especially because I was only ten minutes late, new to the area, and called my supervisor. I said permission to speak and he gave me permission. I said Sgt can I please pick up my wife first and just take her home. He new she has been in the hospital. He told me to shut the **** up and drop again. This really upset me and I dont understand why I could just take my wife home. Out of anger and frustration I said this is bullshit. I know that wasn't right but I felt like I had absolutely no control and dont understand why they wouldnt just let me take care of my wife. I know you are to always show respect to NCO'S and what I said was very unprofessional. I was so frustrated I actually almost cried. After I said, "this is bullshit" my NCO charged me like he was going to hit me. He is a very very big guy. My supervisor got in front of him and stopped him but he was trying so hard to get to me. I backed away because I weas honestly scared. He was so mad and you could tell he just wanted to put his hands on me. It literally took all of my supervisors strength to stop him. We were out side and it was a picnic for memorial day. He kicked a table really hard that was near me and it slid into my knee extremely hard. I instantly dropped to the ground in pain. I promise you I'm not exagerating. I told my command but it has been awhile and it seems like they are doing nothing about it. Today he even told me I have to do a 4,000 word essay on respect. I don't see how this can be accepted in the Army. I have always been told that no one can hurt you no matter what there rank. I requested to be moved to a different section to my 1sg but noting was done. He even told me today that there is no esacping him and he is going to make sure I'm his. My other NCO's in my section even call and ask me if I'm ok and say there sorry about what happened. It is so awkward at work now and feel like its affecting the way I preform duty. Is what my NCOIC did acceptable? Am I over reacting? Can I talk to JAG or IG about this situation or will this just make my life more miserable? I told my NCOIC I'm extremely depressed and thought about hurting myself because I'm so upset about the way things happened. He called me a little girl and said I dont have the balls to kill myself. I feel like he has crossed the line big time. Can someone please help me or give me advice on what I can do. I have never had issues with being late so this is not an issue with me. I have wonderful monthly counsleing statements and actually got a waiver to get my PFC early due to hard work. I'm so lost on what to do. If someone can help me, please help. I went to sick hall and my knee is swollen. The doc gave me a 30 day profile and said I have fluid in my knee and that i will have to be surgically removed. I also have to start physical therapy. Again if you have any information on what I can do please help me. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment